- We're fully flex! work from anywhere in Australia!
- Great culture, extra leave and access to our share program
- Opportunity to influence, design and apply your techniques
We are a purpose-led organisation founded in Australia, Janison has become a global force for good, with a mission to improve the accessibility to education and unlock the potential in every learner. Delivering more than 10 million assessments annually with a global presence in over 1200 countries, we are committed to creating an inclusive and empowering environment for all learners, clients and our people.
To learn more about us, visit https://www.janison.com/
About the Role
We are seeking a permanent full time Release Engineer to join our delivery team. Ideally we are keen to engage with candidates based in Sydney as our head office is based in Ultimo but we welcome candidates across Australia to apply.
To help us succeed we are in need of a passionate Release Engineer to improve our tools and processes for regular quality deployments.
This role works across our Development and Operations teams to ensure our deployments are seamless and efficient. You will get an outstanding opportunity to join a growing team and be in a key role working with project, architect, development, QA and product teams.? This role will be key to the improvement of our tools and be critical to ensure our growing DevOps practices make a difference to Janison.
Janison offers “fully flex” work arrangements, where you can work from home, when and how you wish – as long as it works for your manager, the role and you!
Day to day this role will see you:
- configure and maintain deployment systems across our CI/CD pipeline and source control
- provide management and coordination of all technology-related software release activities
- provide integration and resolve conflicts during source code branch merging
- collaborate with Operations, Testing, Product and Project Teams to ensure releases occur on time and quality
- create deployment plans for production releases
To be successful in this technical role you will have:
- a degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years experience as a developer with C# and .Net
- skilled with scripting and automation with PowerShell, Python or similar language / framework
- knowledge across Microsoft technologies including Azure
- great experience with CI/CD tools such as Azure DevOps, TeamCity and Octopus Deploy
- exceptional planning and communication skills and provide leadership in the best use of technologies for our deployments
- a strong desire to make continual improvements across process, tools and systems
In this role you will enjoy a dynamic variety of projects. Someone who brings a sense of calm to their work, is a guru at multi-tasking and has a sense of humour would be a great addition to our team.
If you're not sure you qualify for the role but are interested in joining Janison, then connect with us at email@example.com and our P&C team will keep an eye out for future opportunities that may be of interest to you.
We are a purpose driven organisation, offering a ‘fully flex’ approach to work. We understand one size doesn’t fit all, so whatever works for the business, the team and your role – means endless possibilities for the flexibility you need.
We also offer:
- access to our Employee Share Ownership Program. We will match your shares of up to $2000 per year.
- a 5th week of annual leave (conditions apply), a day off for your birthday, and various ‘freebie days’ throughout the year
- remote work - we don't mandate working from the office!
- Parental leave benefit including paid leave, continued Super contributions and more
- annual pay review and bonus program
- a focus on virtual engagement and inclusivity to support our distributed workforce across the globe
- a focus on development and upskilling opportunities (if that’s what you’re after)
For a glimpse into Janison’s culture and to see our regular employee updates, follow #onejanison on LinkedIn. We’d love for you to be part of our community!
This role is available with an immediate start so if you are looking for an organisation that will support your growth, provide you with the flexibility you need and are looking for a greater purpose to exercise your skills, then please submit your application. We can’t wait to hear from you!